Join our Annabel's New Brighton Preschool
We ensure your child's development with a wide range of educational activities. See what your child could be doing at Annabel's at our Pratt Street childcare centre!
The best way to prepare children for the future is to meet children's needs and focus on their strengths in the present.
Our Teaching Philosophy
We believe in providing quality Early Childhood Education and care for families / whanau in the community.
Our commitment to quality means:
- respecting, valuing and supporting each child as an individual.
- providing a safe secure, nurturing, creative and challenging environment that builds on the child’s strengths, interests and meets their holistic needs.
- fostering an atmosphere in which parents are supported in their role and feel confident, welcome and are able to contribute to the life of the centres.
- teaching staff are professional sensitive, responsive, committed practitioners who deliver a high quality learning programme in a nurturing, caring environment.
- providing a quality adult - child ratio that ensures all children have opportunities for positive, constructive individual interactions with teachers.
- providing a comprehensive curriculum that encompasses the Principles, Strands, and Goals of Te - Whariki, the Early Childhood Curriculum.
- all children are given the opportunity to develop a knowledge and understanding of their own culture and the cultural heritage of both partners of the Treaty of Waitangi.
We have childcare locations in New Brighton and all around Christchurch.
Our programming begins and ends with consideration of the individuality of each child
The Early Childhood Curriculum Te - Whariki and supporting documents forms the basis of our Centres programme planning, evaluation and assessments for children based on their individual strengths, knowledge, dispositions and interests. Systems are in place to regularly observe, assess and identify learning goals for individual children.
The centres well resourced core curriculum considers all aspects of children’s learning and development - [cognitive, physical, social, emotional and spiritual] enabling spontaneous meaningful play.
The organisation promotes safe and healthy environments which develops and fosters in children strategies for self - protection, personal safety, and risk management, so that children can confidently attempt challenges without fear of harm.
We'd love to chat with you about our teaching philosophy or answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to get in touch.