What will your preschooler be doing while at an Annabel's Educare?
We ensure your preschooler's development with a wide range of educational learning activities.
The best way to prepare preschoolers for the future is to meet children's needs and focus on their strengths in the present.
Our Teaching Philosophy
We believe in providing quality Early Childhood Education and care for families / whanau in the community at our Christchurch preschool.
Our commitment to quality means:
- respecting, valuing and supporting each child as an individual.
- providing a safe secure, nurturing, creative and challenging environment that builds on the child’s strengths, interests and meets their holistic needs.
- fostering an atmosphere in which parents are supported in their role and feel confident, welcome and are able to contribute to the life of the Christchurch preschool centres.
- teaching staff are professional, sensitive, responsive, committed practitioners who deliver a high-quality learning programme in a nurturing, caring environment.
- providing a quality adult-to-child ratio that ensures all children have opportunities for positive, constructive individual interactions with teachers.
- providing a comprehensive curriculum that encompasses the Principles, Strands, and Goals of Te - Whariki, the Early Childhood Curriculum.
- all children are given the opportunity to develop a knowledge and understanding of their own culture and the cultural heritage of both partners of the Treaty of Waitangi.
Our programming begins and ends with consideration of the individuality of each child
The Early Childhood Curriculum Te - Whariki and supporting documents form the basis of our Christchurch preschool centres' programme planning, evaluation and assessments for children. It is based around each of their own individual strengths, knowledge, dispositions and interests. Systems are in place to regularly observe, assess and identify learning goals for individual children.
The centres' well-resourced core curriculum considers all aspects of children’s learning and development. The indoor and outdoor preschool areas include cognitive, physical, social, emotional and spiritual aspects. A holistic approach to daycare enables spontaneous, meaningful play.
The organisation promotes safe and healthy environments. These help develop and foster a child's strategy for self-protection, personal safety, and risk management. Because of this, children can confidently attempt challenges without fear of harm at our Christchurch preschool centres.